Wednesday, May 6, 2009

St. Jorge...

If you read my last post, you know how much I love to play games. I wrote that post not knowing what was in store for me right around the corner. Me and a few of my friends jetted down to St. Jorge for a weekend getaway. We mostly lounged around by the pool, witnessed "Hick & Stick" getting it on in the hot tub, heard an old man yelp at the top of his lungs while bearing his testimony in church. (Apparently it was his pacemaker...), and played glow stick hide-n-seek. This was the highlight of my trip...or it pulls a close second to the old man yelling in church. We hiked up to a cave in Snow Canyon State Park and climbed, crawled and stumbled deep inside the earth until we reached the 'playing field'. We then took our $22 worth of glowsticks and "activated" them. Once they were sufficiently glowing we cut off the tips and proceeded to cover the cave walls and ourselves with the glow stick juice. It looked awesome. We then played an intense game of hide-n-seek. The concept is brilliant...you are able to hide in the open, but no one can see you. You blend in perfectly with the rocks and walls. Believe me, we tried many times to take a picture but it would never turn out...so take my word for it. Even though it got in most of our eyes and burned like all fury, Rachel developed some sort of hives, and we all got cut and bruised, it was the most fun I've had in a while. Thank you Rachel...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Although I wonder why you spell St. George like that. Jorge? Do I not know, did you do it on purpose? I just wonder. But seriously I love St. George. Glad you shared your adventures.

    ReplyDelete