Sunday, November 29, 2009

Don't take pity on me...

Life can be rough. I've been sick for the last month with a cold and then the H1N1 flu. I wrecked my car. I can't find a job...blah blah blah. Sadly, I even went as far to say, "I feel like Job" as a Facebook status. How pathetic am I? So I kinda thew together this little poem...I can't even remember the last time I wrote a poem.

Don't take pity on me.
Empathize for the sick and the dying who's days are marked.
Give solace to the soldiers who risk their lives for freedom.
Have mercy for those who wilt away in prisons for crimes long ago.
Don't take pity on me.
Pray for the starving children who awake and sleep each day with pangs of hunger.
Feel compassion for the homeless who sleep on cold concrete and search for shelter.
Have charity for those downtrodden who have no one to love.
Don't take pity on me.
I have my health.
I have my freedom.
I have my future.
Don't take pity on me.
I have my subsistence.
I have my home.
I have my family.
Don't take pity on me.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good poem. I didn't know you had ever written poetry. I like it. I won't take pity. You are blessed, and I'm glad you know it.

    ReplyDelete