Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"A single step..."

After much deliberation and searching of my soul, I'm throwing my hat in the ring...thus, I blog.
My story begins in a small village in Switzerland, several hundred years ago. In those days, people lived and died within their small mountain village. One fateful day there was a rather large avalanche that swept through a village. When news arrived to a neighboring village, they came to offer assistance and help the people rebuild their lives. After several days of search and rescue, they found no survivors among the carnage. They began to tire and begin the journey home. By God's great grace, someone stumbled upon a basket, containing a small child. They named the child Abplanalp, meaning "Lone Survivor of the Alps"...

1 comment:

  1. Good story, good history. I wish my name came from more than just a tavern in England. I like it.

    ReplyDelete